Take a scenic trip to the far east side of the Cleveland area to the Chagrin Valley and Amish Country in Geauga County. (4 hours)
Chagrin Falls resembles a New England village with its specialty shops, variety of dining, historic homes, and picturesque views. Chagrin Falls was founded in 1837 and takes its name from a waterfall on the Chagrin River in the middle of town.
Our Amish community is one of the largest in the US and this tour will provide a better understanding of their unique culture. See how Amish avoid the modern conveniences and technology today to retain their religious beliefs centered around family and community, such as homes without electricity or phones.
- Gates Mills
- Stop in Chagrin Falls on Main Street
- Narration on Amish Practices (Schools, Careers, Automobiles, Electricity, Telephone)
- Mary Yoder’s Amish Kitchen
- Great Lakes Cheese Co.
- Trover’s Scenic Woodcrafts
- Optional route through Shaker Hts.